You speak fluent client, strategy, and digital. Now speak to us.
We’re Simon/Myers, a fast-rising agency with offices in Chicago and Wheaton. We’re built on intellectual curiosity, startling strategic insights, and edge-of-the-seat creative. Which is where you come in.
You’re the results-oriented digital marketing professional with experience in both creating and implementing digital marketing strategies. You’re a “mountain climber,” ready to exceed the expectations of our clients. You strive for excellence in everything you do, all while leaving your ego at the door.
At S/M, you’ll connect our creative and strategic services — such as digital content creation, marketing plans, data analysis, omnichannel creative and implementation — to our clients. You’ll direct meetings, both client-facing and internal, and produce follow-up documentation. You’ll develop strategies that address client objectives and develop tactics that further those strategies. And you’ll write and produce client-facing proposals and memoranda, presentations, strategic plans and other materials, both independently and in collaboration with other employees.
If you have 4-12 years’ experience and are ready to make a true difference in a different kind of agency, let’s speak. Provide your resume and tell us a little about yourself, and we’ll take it from there.
- Manage relationships with existing and new clients and represent the agency with the highest integrity.
- Demonstrate proven strategic thinking and success in digital marketing campaigns.
- Bring significant hands-on experience managing digital projects (i.e. SEO/SEM, remarketing, paid social, email or social media campaigns, SMS, online advertising, website development, etc.).
- Understand the business goals of the agency and advance business that is aligned with those goals.
- Become deeply immersed in assigned clients' businesses/industries. As such, become an authority and a go-to on the relevant industries and demonstrate said leadership to client teams.
- Be responsible for turnover, alignment and approvals. As such, provide thorough input and counsel to partner teams at S/M, i.e. Executive, Creative, Digital, Research, etc., and ensure that the team's work product is in sync with and advances the overall Strategic Communications plan established for, and signed off by, each assigned client.
- Provide input to strategic plans for digital tactics that ladder up to the overall strategic project plans.
- Add order and structure to client engagements by coming prepared to meetings with an agenda, signed off by Strategy, Creative or Digital lead. Take notes during meetings and provide follow-up notes to clients and team.
- Write Creative Briefs to direct Strategy and Creative Teams. Creative Briefs will be approved by CCO and Client prior to project initiation.
- Work with Project Management to create timelines that meet client’s needs, but also provides time for internal review and team collaboration.
- Provide deliverable information to PM, who will update the timelines and tasks on the creative schedule.
- Maintain ownership over financial metrics for project engagements, which includes overall budgets, tracking time investments and monitoring outside freelancer costs.
- Convey tactical, strategic and financial information to clients via email/Slack and phone calls with accuracy and in a professional manner.
- Maintain proper documentation for all client engagements.
- Identify opportunities at existing customers and capture more of their business by asking probing, open-ended questions and anticipating their needs.
- Be aware that travel is required to client meetings and projects where clients will be in attendance.
- Ability to build and manage effective teams to meet client goals
- Ability to relate to clients on a consultative level
- Ability to cultivate and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Participation in a collaborative, egoless environment
- A strong business sense
- Very well-organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Agency experience in managing client accounts or comparable client-side experience
- Proven track record of directing teams in digital marketing platforms
- Immersed in the latest technology and trends within the digital marketing space
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Relevant education or training