If you're a killer art director, we're your partners in crime.
We’re Simon/Myers, a fast-rising agency with offices in Chicago and Wheaton. We’re built on intellectual curiosity, startling strategic insights, and edge-of-the-seat creative. Which is where you come in.
You’re the concept-driven Art Director who blew away the rest of the class. You’re equally skilled in digital, traditional and experiential. You push your writer partner to be their absolute best, then you take that idea even higher.
If you’re only comfortable outside your comfort zone, let’s talk. Great chops matter more to us than years, so 0-8 years’ experience is our window. Provide your resume and online book, and we’ll take it from there.
- Develop campaigns across all media and follow established brand guidelines for a variety of clients
- Work collaboratively with all team members to participate in strategic brand discussions for our clients, and make recommendations for changes to the creative approach to meet market changes, competitive threats or to support strategic plans
- Participate in creation of graphic layouts and execution of artwork from concept to completion within deadlines across all media
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas
- Design and produce interactive assets, including websites, digital banner ads, animated banner ads
- Support agency’s marketing through print, digital and social media and sales presentations
- Periodic travel required for creative presentations, client meetings and business proposals
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Be a conceptual thinker with a point of view
- Be a passionate student of our clients’ businesses
- See the big picture and understand daily deliverables
- Become efficient in work methodology and be able to jump from project to project
- Listen and react accordingly to internal and client feedback
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Be very well organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Be comfortable presenting work to the internal team, clients, and key stakeholders
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, and more
- Proficient in use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Demonstration of intellectual curiosity
- Understanding of the fundamentals of web design including UX, UI Design, HTML and CSS.
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Relevant education or training